Monument listed as a historical heritage site
Built by the Carthusian Fathers on a former keep that was part of a feudal castle from the year 1000 belonging to the Wallon-Romestang d’Avalon family to honour Saint-Hugues d’Avalon, the Tour d’Avalon is part of the historical heritage of the Grésivaudan valley. Listed as a historical heritage site, the Tour d’Avalon, made of limestone rubble and freestone, is flanked by a neo-Byzantine style chapel. It is also possible to distinguish ruins of the delphinic tower of the period. Eagle eyes will even be able to distinguish the old part from the renovated part with a change in the colour of the stone which marks a natural separation between the two eras.